10 Reasons why its still cool to have a photo booth for the big day
- Entertainment. Having a few activities besides dancing at your reception is a good way to make sure all your guests have fun. Sometimes people just want a break from busting a move, and the photo booth provides a nice escape. It’s also a good place for people to gather and socialize. Your guests will love it. We always have a queue to get into our booth and when guests come out they are always smiling; so much so they come back again and again!
- It creates a great keepsake — for you and your guests. People will appreciate having a photo of themselves with their friends, their kids, or their date. But even if they don’t care about that, you will love having fun pictures of your wedding guests. If you think of it like a modern guest book, it seems silly to skip it just because it’s been done before.
- It’s not cliche for the older set. Your bridesmaids, who spend many an hour looking at online wedding inspiration with you may think its only a trend because they have seen too much of it. But your older relatives and guests who don’t attend many weddings will likely still find the photo booth totally delightful and fun.
- It’s suitable for all ages. You don’t have to be young to enjoy a photo and your aunt might not want to dance to Rihanna! She might want to take this ‘photo opp’ with her niece and both of them have a memory and print to share.
- Nostalgia. Back in the good old days where phones didn’t travel with us and take pictures, we headed with our friends to a booth in the malls or party to commemorate the event. Photo booths now aday harken back to this old time feel with updated props and accessories.
- It’s a talking point. Guests love to show others how their photos turn out and starts conversations between people who many not know each other.
- Every photo booth is different. Despite our best efforts to copy the latest trendy decor, every wedding still ends up being so different, thanks to everything from the time of day and the venue to how strong the bartender is mixing drinks. That means every photo booth will be different too. Even if people are over taking pictures with their dates, they might love a chance to take silly pics with old friends or relatives whom they haven’t seen in a while. Also, …we’re pretty sure no one is over taking pictures of themselves.
- Makes an awesome guestbook. Though you might not even realise we’re doing this, you will be glad your booth butler took the time to make sure everyone adds a snap to your guest book while leaving a message around the photographs. Time and time again here at Luxury Booth we are told how happy brides and grooms are with this part of our service. It’s a new twist on the traditional guest books and one that you will want to look at again and again.
- Helps ties together your theme. Whether you want a winter wonderland, day at the beach or even just a colour many services such as All the Rave can use props to match your theme. We can even customise your prints to match and – if the budget stretches – we can even customise the booth itself!
- Share the love! Not only will your guests receive a copy of the fun photographs on the night, we will also upload all your ‘clean’ pictures to your very own Facebook album! This helps carry on the fun for weeks after the big day as friends and family tag, comment and copy their pictures.
You’re right, every photobooth is different so I am totally going to have this at my wedding. And I know my relatives will love it.
I agree it’s how you do it.
I having one and it’s true, it’s my bridesmaids that complain but they aren’t who I am targeting for it. They get to be in the professional photos!
I would really like to make my friends wedding something special and I never thought about getting a photo booth for it! It sounds like a really fun idea! It would be very suitable for all ages, and would help get the kids more involved during the wedding. It would also give them a great keepsake! Thanks for the advice! I will be sure to look into getting one!
A photo booth is a perfect source of entertainment and building memories in a wedding. I think one should have the photo booth for their big day.
Agreed! Photo Booths can really make any special occasion more special.